Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster.
Mendelian is a digital health company based in London building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale. Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350m people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
About the role
Mendelian is scaling rapidly. The company is growing its NHS footprint, has a strong pipeline of commercial deals and is taking its first steps to expand internationally. We need someone to position Mendelian as the category leader for early detection of rare diseases and to communicate our offering to our stakeholders. You will own the marketing strategy, drive demand and play a pivotal role in the company’s ambitious growth goals. This position is a great opportunity for an ambitious marketing manager looking to take full ownership of all marketing activities.
You will be accountable for:
- Strategy: Create and implement a strategy that takes into account all our stakeholders (payers, providers, pharmas and biotechs, patient advocacy groups) and supports Mendelian’s goals.
- User-centric communication: Articulate our value proposition in an effective way to all our stakeholders and ensure our messaging is aligned and clear. Communicate this across all channels including website, social media and pitch decks (including design). Ensure consistency across mediums and the business and throughout the customer journey.
- Customer acquisition: Drive lead generation through social media marketing, events, PR, email campaigns, content and more. Ensure this is cost-effective and scalable, and continuously improve CAC, LTV and cost per lead.
- Analysis: Measure, analyse and report on campaign ROI and marketing influence to derive learnings and inform marketing spend.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced technology startup environment
- 3-5 years experience with demand-generation or Account-Based Marketing experience within a B2B business
- Experience in healthcare, ideally marketing to pharmaceutical companies/biotechs and/or payers
- Experience building, leading and delivering a successful marketing strategy with a strong scale-up in demand generation
- Deep understanding of demand-generation strategies and tactics including email, digital, content syndication, direct mail and events
- Highly quantitative with a strong understanding of data
- Ability to work both at a strategic level and tactically on projects and campaigns
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (e.g. commercial, product, clinical)
- Experience leveraging marketing automation tools
- Location: London (hybrid working from home and office)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Full-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available
- We do not work with recruiters
- Salary: £45 - 55k DOE