Commercial/ Business Development Manager
We are building the digital future of disease diagnosis.
Mendelian.co is a digital health company based in London building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale. Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350m people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
Who We Are
Mendelian is a round table of physicians, engineers, and strategists.
We are punching above our weight engaging with the highest levels of the NHS and with the world’s most innovative pharmaceutical companies with a lean, mission-focused team. We have set our sights on aggressive scaling and international growth in the next 12 months.
We make working in health feel modern. We work remotely or from one of London’s best co-working spaces. We have monthly together days and bi-annual retreats to set the direction together.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and have an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster.
Faster diagnosis is key to the future of the NHS and healthcare abroad, from improving the lives of chronically sick people to reducing inefficiencies in overburdened hospitals. We are deploying early detection systems for rare diseases, some of the most difficult and protracted diagnoses for doctors to make.
We believe that delayed diagnosis is an information challenge and that technological innovation is central to achieving our mission. Founded by engineers and doctors, we’ve held our technology and clinical mind to high standards from the beginning.
If you want to learn more about our mission, and about how rare diseases aren’t that rare at all, then check out our publication Why we do what we do: https://medium.com/mendelian/mendelian-why-eb1ad54d0c81
Mendelian is scaling rapidly. The company has registered a core product with the MHRA, is growing its NHS footprint, and is taking its first steps to expand internationally. This brings with it many opportunities and challenges to refine our business model and grow our commercial partnerships.
We are looking to build on our early success signing commercial partnerships through hiring a full time, dedicated Business Development Manager focused on the Life Science/Pharmaceutical Industry. They will be responsible for building the pipeline and leading partnership deals from initial discovery through contract execution and delivery.
This role will work with the Head of Commercial and Product to tailor Mendelian value propositions for specific Pharma Companies based on their pipeline and market dynamics and with Marketing to drive awareness among our target audience.
As is the case with many emerging digital health companies, the potential for value is tremendous but the business models are early. Success in this space will require deep knowledge of the health system and the life science industry - regulation, challenges, and incentives - and a bold and creative approach to partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Build sales pipeline and deliver revenue growth
- Tailor sales collateral (including pitch decks and proposals)
- Own end-to-end deal execution
- Support project delivery and grow client relationships
- Maintain CRM and support finance and billing
- Collaborate cross-functionally to inform product roadmap, value propositions, and product-market fit
We Want You
- 5+ years of sales experience with pharma as client - ideally selling a clinically-oriented or tech product
- Existing relationships and contacts in pharma industry (Executive, Commercial, Medical Affairs, and R&D)
- Demonstrated success in building substantial commercial pipeline and driving revenue growth
- Experience of working in a fast-pace technology startup environment
- Good working knowledge of healthcare markets and their challenges (including healthcare systems, pharma companies, regulations, data privacy)
To be successful within this role:
- Curious, confident, creative, competitive;
- An excellent communicator and networker;
- Detail-oriented and organised
- Motivated to set an ambitious goal and achieve it!
- Location: London (Remote during Covid19)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Full-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- We do not work with recruiters
- Salary: £45-55k DOE