Head of NHS Partnerships at Mendelian Health
Solving rare and hard to diagnose diseases
Mendelian Health is a digital health company based in London (currently remote) building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale.
Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350M people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
Who We Are
Mendelian is a round table of physicians and data scientists. We hold weekly sprints to prioritise work at a company level. Technical staff work alongside practising doctors and medical staff get down and dirty with the code. We go on annual retreats and are flexible around working hours.
We make working in health feel modern, boast membership to a great co-working space, and, on Thursdays, take turns making a surprisingly high quality (virtual) lunch or quizlets/trivia.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and have an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster.
Faster diagnosis is key to the future of the NHS and healthcare abroad, from improving the lives of chronically sick patients to reducing inefficiencies in overburdened hospitals. We are deploying early detection systems for rare diseases, some of the most difficult and protracted diagnoses for doctors to make.
We believe that delayed diagnosis is an information challenge and that technological innovation is central to achieving our mission. Founded by engineers and doctors, we’ve held our technology and clinical minds to high standards from the beginning.
f you want to learn more about our mission, and about how rare diseases aren’t that rare at all, then check out our publication: Why we do what we do -> https://medium.com/mendelian/mendelian-why-eb1ad54d0c81
We are looking for a talented Head of NHS Partnerships to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis. The role will be focused on increasing our presence within the NHS and engaging with senior stakeholders at the regional and national level to raise awareness of Mendelian and our solutions.
This is a key position and new function as part of our long term roadmap. You will take ownership of the pipeline, commercial and strategic aspects of everything covering our healthcare providers partners (NHS and international Health systems). You will work closely with the CEO, Head of Commercial Partnerships and the Head of Operations. The main KPI for the role is one of the top priorities at the company level: Grow our clinical footprint. This role will suit someone who has worked within healthcare and has experience within a Head of Partnerships/Business Development role.
We Want You
We want you, if you:
- Feel connected to our global mission of reducing the diagnosis burden of patients and healthcare systems;
- Have the entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energised by the process of building something lasting from the ground up;
- Feel comfortable with deep scientific and technological topics and are an avid learner of such;
- A great team player;
- Have deep experience delivering projects within a start-up environment (Series A and above) OR end to end project management in the NHS;
- Great culinary skills for our weekly lunch competition is a plus (that is a joke)
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- You are relentlessly focused on delivery;
- 3+ years experience in a similar role;
- A track record of building partnerships within the NHS or health-tech sector;
- Experience communicating with senior stakeholders and engagement;
- Experience working within a start-up or SME;
- A good understanding of NHS structure, partnerships pipelines, and national incentives;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Outstanding, written English and are an exceptionally articulate person in writing;
- A self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership;
- Location: London (Remote during Covid19)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Full-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- We do not work with recruiters
Please click here to apply via our LinkedIn page.
If you liked this article maybe you will also find interesting the following in-depth articles about other rare diseases, like Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Manager