Community and Content Manager Job Description
About the company
Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster.
Mendelian is a digital health company based in London building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale. Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350m people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
About the role
Mendelian is scaling rapidly. The company is growing its NHS footprint, has a strong pipeline of commercial deals and is taking its first steps to expand internationally. We need someone to engage with and expand our community of key stakeholders and to position Mendelian as the category leader in rare diseases. You will own our communications and content strategy: repackaging existing information and creating new content with input from the team. You will also engage with our stakeholders across social media channels and create strong, lasting relationships which will lead to partnerships and collaborations.
You will be accountable for:
- Content: Lead content generation for our social media, website and other channels. This will include repackaging existing content and tailoring it to different audiences as well as creating new content (including blog posts, emails, videos, white papers, social media posts). It will also include being creative on ways to use what we currently do (e.g. internal speaker series with patients) to generate external interest and spark conversations. Specific example of content include:
- Press releases and associated social content
- Short videos for education
- Training resources for GPs
- Patient discussion tools
- Posters for conferences
- Commercial client reports
- Information documents on algorithm building, clinical review process and other technical processes
- Community: Create a strong community of patients, PAGs, physicians, KOLs and pharma stakeholders. This will include finding stakeholders as well as identifying the best way to engage with them.
- Social media presence: Engage with our stakeholders on social media by participating in or starting conversations, identifying key channels for different stakeholders.
- Event attendance: Stay abreast of events in the space and identify relevant people in the company who should attend. Prepare/collect relevant content and ensure it is tailored to stakeholders in attendance.
- Analysis: Measure, analyse and report on content traction to derive learnings and adjust approach.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced technology startup environment
- 2-3 years experience in content creation and community management in a B2B business
- Healthcare acumen; must have experience within the NHS, and ideally experience marketing to pharmaceutical companies/biotechs
- Basic design and production skills to create majority of content in house - this includes presentations, posts, videos.
- Experience managing specialised contractors such as videographers or web developers.
- Action-oriented, with experience laying out content plan and reporting to internal stakeholders
- Deep understanding of demand-generation strategies and tactics including email, social, content syndication, direct mail and events
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (e.g. commercial, product, clinical)
- Location: London (hybrid working from home and office)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Full-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available
- We do not work with recruiters
- Salary: £30-40k